Team 2537 is also sewing and donating face masks for healthcare workers.
Some mask designs we are using (Deaconess and Olson are recommended):
- Deaconess: https://www.deaconess.com/How-to-make-a-Face-Mask
- Olson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnVk12sFRkY
Information on material filtration/breathe-ability:
- Davies 2013 research on homeade masks
A design for personal use that requires only 2 hair ties or rubber bands can be made at home with no sewing; see: here.
Other useful references:
- Extensive document on materials and designs is here.
- JoAnn Fabrics
- Johns Hopkins Maryland Mask Request (good handling info)
The sewn models have a pocket where the user can insert a filter for additional protection.